[Advaita-l] What is the Sankhya view of Prakriti in Pralaya

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 24 13:32:09 CDT 2013

To the best of my memory, the verse quoted by Prof. Hiriyanna is from Purana, though I do not remember the exact reference. Further the purana says that due to interaction of the three gunas there is creation. During the Pralaya this interaction stops. The gunas, i.e., Rajo-guna , Sattva-guna  and the Tamo-guna, are represented by Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

Regards,
Sunil KB