[Advaita-l] ghanapAtam printed book

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Mar 26 00:08:50 CDT 2013

There are also some intricate rules involved in following the padapATha
for
chanting the ghanapATha, which are best learned directly from a
ghanapAThi,
not through books.

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Many thanks for the kind clarification and suggestion.  Yes, I do have the
pattern of jata, ghana and danda pAtha  and tried to construct the ghanaM
for some yajurveda maNtra-s, like sadyO deekshayanti, mitrasya charshaNi
(sUryOpAsana maNtra), AyurdA agne etc. but failed due to lack of
availability of padapAtha and I believe svara-s also differs when chanting
in ghana pattern.   And as you rightly mentioned there are some intricate
rules involved while composing the ghanaM from saMhita, for example in
AyurdAagne ghanaM, after the first line of ghanaM AyurdAityAyuH - dA :,
and in gaNAnAntvA maNtra too gaNapati miti gaNa - patiM etc. will be
chanted, this will not go strictly as per ghana pattern.  Prabhuji kindly
let me know if there  is any specific rule for this type of chanting in
ghanaM ??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar