[Advaita-l] adhyAropa - apavAda in the Prashnopanishat

vinayaka ns brahmavadin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 01:26:44 CDT 2013

In this regard there is a fine statement by the AchArya in the
bruhadAraNyaka shruti:

'yadi hi namarUpE na vyAkriyete tadA asyAtmano nirupAdhikam rUpam
prajnAnaghanAkyam na pratikhyAyEta' 2-5-19

If there was no manifestation of name & form (by brahman), we would have
never known its true nature which is prajnAnaghana.

Best Wishes,

Vinayaka