[Advaita-l] saD vivarta vADa

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun May 12 19:49:51 CDT 2013

On Tue, 7 May 2013, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> Om!
>
> I read in the books of Swami Akandananda of Vrindavan that SaD vivarta
> vADa is the only possibility when the three sUktas nAsaDIya of Rigveda,
> sarvamEgha sUkta of Yajurveda, and ucchisTa sUkta of Atharva veda have
> to be reconciled.
>
> Would someone have references and details on sarvamEgha sUkta of
> Yajurveda, and ucchisTa sUkta of Atharva veda

sarvamEgha?  I suspect that it is a typo for sarvamedha.  In the
Shuklayajurveda the sarvamedhika mantras occur in the 32nd adhyAya
(The sUkta beginning tadevAgnistadAditya... etc.)  I don't know where it
is in krshnayajurveda.

the sarvamedha is a yajna in which all the major elements of srshti upto
and including the yajamana himself are identified with the primordial
purusha from whose division srshti occurred.  In that way it is similar
to the more well-known puruSha sUkta (which is used in the similar
purushamedha yajna)

I don't know about this ucchiSTa sukta but I expect the subject matter is
similar.