[Advaita-l] 'Ishwaro'ham' and 'IshwarabhAvaH'

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Sep 4 01:59:43 CDT 2013

Namaste,

//////

that Prabhupada's form is eternal like Krishna's, they are equally at fault like advaitins who put their guru's form at the same level as that of the Vedic deities.

////

Installing the forms of guru is a recent phenomena.

We have only the concept of "guru-pAdukAs" that represent the "guru-tattva".  The pair of pAdukAs represent "ha-kAra" and "sa-kAra" respectively.  The ubhaya-pAduka represents the tattva called "ha-m-sa" which is hamsa mantra.  The guru represents this hamsa mantra tattva.

In dattatreya sampradaya, only guru-pAdukAs are worshipped.  In the famous place called ganagapuram and narasobawadi, the guru-padukas of Narasimha Saraswati are called "nirguNa pAdukAs" which represent the nirguNa parabrahma swarupa in the form of pAduka.

Also, for our acharyas, when they pass away, either tulasi brindAvanaM or shiva linga pratiSTa is done which is called "guru-adhiSTAnaM".  The archana is performed either to the sAlagrAma or siva linga as per the yati dharma nirNaya.

regs,
sriram