[Advaita-l] 'Ishwaro'ham' and 'IshwarabhAvaH'

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 17:43:52 CDT 2013

Dear friends,

Ishvara, though the Master of Kaala or Moolaprakrti or Maya Ishvara followqs his own rules through Kaala. Vedavyasa says that the Lord could have annulled the curse of Gandhari but he had chosen not to. Lord Agni also told the Pandavas that even Lord Krishna's Sudarshan Chakra was taken away by Kaala ( and he had to fight some people without the chakra and that was  just before his stay on the Earth ended). Ishwara thus has definite definite existences and these are  within the framework of Kaala. Did not the Lord say that he remembered all his past births, whereas Arjuna did not? Thus appearance of Ishvara in particular form at particular time is possible and that depends on his divine will.

What Sringeri Periyava realised is the Ishwara in the form of  Narasimha through his upasana.Upasana. Incidentally the Narasimha is not always referred to as the form of Vishnu. Narasimha of Nrishmhatapaniya is Lord Shiva.

Regards,
Sunil KB