[Advaita-l] 'khsha' kAra in yajurveda saMhita maNtra-s

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Sep 5 05:51:35 CDT 2013

As far as the pronounciation of "kSha" is concerned, we must note that it
can be correctly pronounced if the "Sha" sound is correctly produced! If
that is the case, "kSha" will sound only like "khSha". There is no other
way to pronounce it. Since the sibilant "Sha" is a aspirated, i.e a
mahAprANa sound and also open, it combines with the preceding "k" sound,
producing the aspirated "kh" rather than "k".

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks a lot for the very detailed explanation.  If you see the printed
version of Rigveda saMhita mantra-s, kSha is printed as 'kSha' only and
not as 'kh-Sha' like in yajurveda saMhita.  I have seen 3-4 different
publications in all the books kSha is printed  as kSha only unlike in
yajurveda saMhita maNtra-s.  For example we can see the Ramakrishna
Ashrama publication of both rigveda & yajurveda saMhita maNtra-s.

Anyway, thanks once again for the explanation.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar