[Advaita-l] 'Ishwaro'ham' and 'IshwarabhAvaH'

balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 18 02:40:29 CDT 2013

>>>RV: There are four questions that you
should ask yourself or your teacher. If the answer is yes to any one of them
you should answer no to the the last question. I may seem rudehere but am. Our
system is based on pramanas. Principles are more important than people.

1. Is the lord's
body made of five elements?
2. Is the lord's body
made of subtle elements?
3. Is the Lord actually
embodied as we are?
4. Is there a real
relationship between the Lord and His body?
5. Am I an advaitin?

The understanding I
gathered is that the Lord 'descended' and I 'fell'. e.g I slipped and fell in
the well.Another got down to save me. 'His' cause is 'knowledge', mine is 'ignorance'. 'He' has a
purpose - to save/guide/mentor. Mine is for 'vasanakshayam'.Lord shortchanged
the subtle and gross unlike me to appear. I see him embodied  because of
my ignorance. When the body of the Lord is an appearance (due to my ignorance)
what relationship can one cast!

Regards

Balagopal