[Advaita-l] शुक्लयजुर्वेदीय संक्षिप्त भोजन-विधि: + शुक्लयजुर्वेदीय ब्रह्मयज्ञप्रयोगः + तर्पण प्रयोगः

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:08:16 CST 2014

Namaste

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l wrote:
>

>> You have given the reference - " tato apasvayaM tilamishraM kavyavAdaanal
>> (gum ) somaM........". But in practice I see that the Jeevat Pitruka
>> person
>> with Father alive will not give Tarpana with Yajnopavita in Apasavya. He
>> must give it with Savya only. Or he can give it in Savya and putting the
>> Yajnopavita around his left thumb when he is giving Divya Pitru Tarpana.
>> This is also correct but not Apasavya for Jeevat Pitruka.
>>

>> Similarly I think Jeevat Pitruka should not use Black Till for Tarpana.
>>

> Personally I don't think one whose father is still alive should do pitra
> tarpana at all so I omit it myself.

Kindly see this -

http://vedvikas.blogspot.in/2012/08/whether-pitru-tarpanam-has-to-be.html

The Tarpana for Nitya Pitrus or Divya Pitrus must be given with water by
all even if  Father is alive. For Jeevat Pitruka the Tarpana is with Savya,
for others it is with Apasavya or Praaceenaaveeti. Yama Tarpana is also
given with water and Sesame by all. But Jeevat Pitruka cannot use Black
Sesame. He must use Yava or white rice grains.

> --

-Venkatesh