[Advaita-l] Who Slept Very Well? - Part IV

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 22:23:30 CST 2014

Very nice write up. I am yet to read it fully, have only glanced through
it. I think Gaudapada in his Karika beautifully explains about the
difference. In Deep Sleep there is a Non-Apprehension of both the objects
and thoughts on one hand, and of the Real Nature of Self on he other hand.
Where as in Turiya there is no such "Non-Apprehension". Hence, Ramana
Maharshi says that, Turiya or Jnana is experience of Sushupti in Jagrata
i.e. Deep Sleep in Waking state!!

-Nithin