[Advaita-l] Narayanaya in Advaita

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 03:21:59 CST 2014

Namaste,

I have learned so much from this discussion. Thank you to all members who
has contributed to this thread.

Regarding the word NArAyaNa, I have a few words to say.

Brahma Satya Jagat MithyA
Sarvam Khalu-idam Brahma

Names and forms are not the real Self and by removing names and forms the
original tatva does not gets negated.

Adi Shankaracharya in his Vivekchudamani says, naama rupa gUNa dOSa
varjitam (V.C. 255) (there are total 10 verses instructing us to do Brahma
bhAvanA)

Regarding NArAyaNa, Kanchi Paramacharya has something to say
here<http://www.kamakoti.org/miscl/namoh1.html>

Personally, on a lighter note, I think that those who call us mAyAvAdi-s
are actually themselves mAyAvAdi-s, as they glorify mAyA like ocean by
being themselves a wave, but do not look at water, they wish to live in
Vaikuntha, which made of mAyA and they say that Jiva (with body or without
body), jagat and Ishvara are all real. All have elements of mAyA in them,
while we rise above mAyA. So they live within mAyA and enjoy lilA (I do not
like diluted word past-times). All is within the realm of mAyA :D. For them
Vaikuntha / Goloka, which is made up of mAyA is the final destination,
while our AcArya teaches us to rise above mAyA and realize ourselves as
'pure consciousness'.

Hari OM

Sujal