[Advaita-l] 'srI-dakShiNAmUrti-stotram' - English - in two volumes

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 03:32:05 CST 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <
svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> There is currently a project going on to digitize the 2-volumes on the
> dakshiNAmUrti stotra
> by the illustrious late Sri Subbaramaiya. Sriranga Digisoft, a company
> based out of Mysore,
> and the Advaita Research Center, the computerized library facility based
> in Sringeri, are both
> working on it. Please watch www.sringeri.net, the Sringeri website for
> announcement of its
> availability in the near future.

Yes. This project is likely to take real shape soon.  I made the
announcement of the hard copies for these reasons:

Just two years ago when I had mentioned about the book in a discussion
group several members contacted the Sringeri maTha and procured the copies
and quickly thereby exhausted the stock at the maTha.  This was despite the
possibility of digitization, though I do not know whether the DLI had these
then itself.  Several people, despite digitization, prefer to have / read
from hard copies.  The print industry survives because such clients are
there.

Just last week a gentleman, in his mid seventies, requested me for a xerox
copy of this book and when I told him about the forthcoming digitization he
replied: 'I do have a computer but I do not touch it.  I prefer to read
from a book.'  I did oblige him with his requirement and satisfied his
'greed' of having the 'naishkarmyasiddhi' with Dr.R.Balasubramanian's
translation too in xerox. Over the last few years I have myself given
xeroxed copies of this book to at least half a dozen interested persons.

So, even if the downloadable version is available, some finding the process
daunting and then, if needed, finding the process of taking printouts and
having a bound book laborious and expensive paper-wise, prefer to buy a
readily available book.

One person, in the UK, wants this book in hard bound form for his
institutional library and does not mind paying for the book and the
postage.

warm regards
subrahmanian.v