[Advaita-l] MuktikA Upanishad / MuktikOpanishat cited by srI VidyAraNya svAmI in PanchdaSI

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 23:36:50 CST 2014

Namaste Sunil ji,

Even Muktika says that Mandukya is enough. If one is not able to realize
truth, then read 10. Still if one is not able to become liberated, read 32,
for videha mukti, read 108 :)

I thought that Shringeri Math and Kanchi Math refer to 108 upanishads, but
study is optional. Emphasis is more on to study principle upanishads
commented by Sri Adi Shankara.

So now the study of minor upanishads is not at all done?

Some do not accept Muktika and say it was created in medieval times. I was
referring to someone thing in Panchdasi and was surprised to read that Sri
Vidyaranya Svami has quoted it. There are some who keep asking the
authenticity of Upanishads :)

Bhaskararaya had revived Atharvaveda and had commented on many upanishads
like Bahvarica, etc and some which are not a part of Mukita's 108. These
are available in sanskrit and I am not conversant with Sanskrit.

Hari OM

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna