[Advaita-l] Body is the disease

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 05:34:27 CST 2014

Dear Sri Rudra,

Avidya is Maya. Sri Bhagavatpada advances the doctrine of maya  in support
of his interpretation of the  shruti vakyas in line with advaita sidhanta.
For a brief answer to your questions on the nature of this maya, you could
refer to Panchadashi by Swami Vidyaranya. Perhaps other members will
elaborate on the same. Your thinking is certainly not incorrect. The
questions are valid and perhaps form the core of the criticisms levelled
against the advaita sidhanta by practically all the opponents of this
sidhanta.

Regards