[Advaita-l] Is enlightenment a myth?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 09:27:56 CST 2014

Suresh - PraNAms

Most of these questions will get answered and misconceptions will be resolved if one studies Vedanta under a traditional teacher or sampradaya teacher.

Enlightment is not some experience but clear understanding that I am Brahman and not the BMI that I take myself. One cannot judge whether another is enlightened or not. The lakshanas discussed in say Geeta Ch. II are meant for to judge ones own understanding. It is an understanding as understanding as a fact and not as a thought - called aparoxajnaanam than paroxajnaanam.
No jnaani will declare that I am enlightened since it requires faith since the listener cannot know or evaluate.

Hari Om!
Sadananda