[Advaita-l] svapna karma - real phala ??

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 01:12:01 CST 2014

HS Chandramouli

Sri Bhaskarji wrote

<< Yes, Yes, in saMkalpa we say,  jAgratsvapnasuShupti-avasthAsu,
jnAnatOjnanatascha kruta samastha pApa parihArArthaM...But I dont know why
we include 'sushuptAvastha' here since there is no vikAra as such in this
state !! ??  So, this means we have to be careful before choosing our
dreams and while dreaming...And we should clear our mind in such a way
that we should get only 'shubha phala prada' dreams.  Its looking funny,
but it is not so!!! >>

Even during waking state, many of our involuntary actions like breathing
which may harm bacteria etc, killing/harming insects/creatures while
walking etc  invite some papa karma phala which are said to be extinguished
by performance of nitya karma. The body will be involved in these acts even
during dream/sushupti states. Perhaps this is what is meant in the sankalpa
shloka quoted above.

Regards