[Advaita-l] Which one is first in the creation sequence

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:26:22 CST 2014

      << This was said considering that there is a single aGYAnam and
1. either Ishvara is bimbachaitanya
2. or, he is pratibimba in avidyA  >>

A slight digression from the main issue perhaps . I seek a clarification.
The words " mayopadhika Iswara " and " mayavishishta Iswara " are both used
frequently in the literature on vedanta. Many times in the same work
itself. Both refer to Ishwara only contextually in all the places. But
while explaining the concept of Iswara they consider maya ( avidya ) as
visheshana to Chaitanya from the standpoint of Iswara and same maya (
avidya ) as upadhi from the standpoint of Chaitanya. This corresponds to
antahkarana as being visheshana to Chaitanya from the standpoint of jiva
while the same antahkarana is an upadhi to Chaitanya from the standpoint of
Sakshi ( kutastha ) . What is the word corresponding to Sakshi at the level
of maya as described above. Is it Bimbachaitanya? But then it is equated
with Iswara itself in above quote from the previous post. Is it that the
same word Iswara should be understood contextually either as referring to
Chaitanya with maya as upadhi or to "Iswara" with maya as visheshana to
Chaitanya ? Kindly clarify. Sorry for the digression.

Regards