[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:49:20 CDT 2014

Namaste
I think you are not considering Sri SSS statement Maayaa is Avidyaa
kalpitaa. This Avidyaa Kalpita Maayaa is responsible for all creation mess.
If you say Ishwara he is also because of Maayaa Upaadhi. The logical proof
of Jeeva Kalpita Srishti in SSS language is like this.

Who is creator? It is Maayaa. What is Maayaa? It is imagined by Avidyaa.
Who has Avidyaa? It cannot be Brahman. It is Jeeva. Jeeva has Avidyaa and
because of Avidyaa he is imagining Maayaa and this Maayaa is creating
everything. You can say Jeeva cannot create everything directly but he is
creating indirectly the whole Universe including Ishwara through Maayaa
only.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> After reading Sri Sada prabhuji-s write up on global and local mind, I am
> tempted to write this.  Please bear with the length of this mail.  Nothing
> new has been said here, just shared once again whatever is there already
> in shruti and shankara bhAshya.
>
> brahma satya jagan mithya jeevO brahmaiva nAparaH, is the famous slogan we
> often chant to convey the advaita's paramArtha siddhAnta.  While we have
> no disagreements within ourselves with regard to 'brahma satyatva'...The
> jagan mithyatva.  second statement always subject to deliberation within
> ourselves due to seemingly varied explanations with regard to mithyatva of
> jagat.   Some say, since jagat is mere mental creation (jeeva buddhi
> parikalpita or jeeva mAnasa pratyaya)  of individual jeeva it has been
> called 'mithyA' as it cannot be as satya as brahman.  I think this stand
> is what we needs to look in more detail.  If the whole jagat is mere
> mental creation of jeeva, what was the need for shruti and smruti
> references which exclusively and elaborately talks about brahman's
> efficient (nimitta) and material (upAdAna) cause??  why at all there is a
> need for any elaboration about kArya (effect) and kAraNa (cause)
> methodology??  What is the fate of 'srushti' shruti-s which tell us that
> brahman was only one without second  before thinking about creation or
> before thinking he should become 'many' ??  All these 'srushti' para
> shruti vAkya-s and brahman's jagadeka kAraNatvaM should be push aside if
> we cling to the theory that individual jeeva is the one who just imagines
> this jagat in his mental factory or if we say the same in advaitic
> terminology 'jagat is jeeva buddhi parikalpita'.  Let us first look what
> exactly shruti / shankara says with regard to srushti (creation) and this
> nAma rUpAtmaka jagat.

-Venkatesh