[Advaita-l] Fwd: On some verses of the BhagavadgItA

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:08:32 CDT 2014

Namaste,

I had some discussion earlier about those verses. srI Subramanium ji always
gives (good) logical answers :) . What I pointed out was that

The famous verse everyone speaks is - Brahma satyA jagat mithyA -
BrahmajnAnAvalI mAlA - 20

In the above verses BG 16.7-8, the word used is 'asatya' and not 'mithyA'
:)

and people miss (deliberately ?? )

3 levels of truth
talking from pArmArthika satya is not the same as vyavahArika satya

Those verses point to cArvAka-s

I have seen one thing. Few people actually read bhASya-s written by
AcArya-s other sampradAya. They would conclude from what their Guru teaches
(i.e. discourses) and info and advaita given by AcArya-s in convoluted way
in their commentaries on Gita and other shastra-s.

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna