[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 19 07:20:37 CDT 2014

praNAms Sri ChandramouLi prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The shruti  says << tadhetam tarhi avyakrutamaaseet >> . Here avyakrita
includes both atma and anatma. anatma in seed form. It is only proper to
consider that avidya is " resident " in brahman/atman. This does not in
any
way lead to advaita hani

>  Yes, it does not do any advaita hAni, but dont you think this would
lead to conclude that before srushti, brahman was endowed with 'anishta'
like avidyA and brahman was giving the ashraya to the anishta hetu
avidyA??

because avyakruta is not of the same level of reality.

> In the context of creation, shankara says whatever is their in avyAkruta
rUpa is brahman's shakti only or brahman only and vyAkruta rUpa (kArya) is
nothing different from that shakti and in turn this shakti is nothing but
brahman only.

It can also vanish when we consider nirguna brahman who is then
without even this seed avidya. That is also the reason why it is called
anirvachaniya, it has to be inferred by the karya only ( of Creation etc
).

>  kArya is nothing but kAraNa's vishesha rUpa clarifies shankara in sUtra
bhAshya.  And he continues to say that there is no difference between
kArya & kAraNa since kArya cannot exist on its own apart from kAraNa.
Shankara here gives 'devadatta' example, who is the same person when he
stretched his arms & legs and when he  folds his limbs some other time.

I am really surprised at the various posts in this thread as well as in
another thread that jiva also could be considered as cause for creation by
adducing the reason that he is none other than brahman << jivo brahmaiva
na
parah >>.

>  Yes, it is really perplexing to see this vijnAna-vAda like theory from
the banner of advaita tradition.  jeeva cannot be a srushti karta and this
portfolio has been assigned forever to brahman only without any variation
when it comes to the event and context of creation.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar