[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 00:37:08 CDT 2014

Namaste

It is natural for us to ask who has Avidyaa? Because if Avidyaa is in Jeeva
the Jeeva can remove his Avidyaa and become Mukta. If AVidyaa is in Brahma
everybody will think we cannot do anything to remove Avidyaa. Then we will
have to follow Materialists. Runam Krutva Ghritam Pibet. Take loans and
enjoy as much as possible in this life because Brahma is the Owner of
Avidyaa. No point trying to remove Avidyaa.

The Dakshinamurthy Stotra downloaded from DLI is saying all this Universe
is in the student only like the Darpana Drushyamaana Nagaree - a city seen
in a mirror. The Mukhya Vedaanta Siddhanta is Eka Jeeva Vaada and Drishti
Srishti Vaada only. For less intelligent people Naanaa Jeeva Vaada and
Srishti Drishti Vaada are given.

Vivarana Acharyas can also say Avidyaa is in Brahma because they accept
Moola Avidyaa unlike Sri SSS. Moola Avidyaa has effect on Jeeva also. He
has to try to remove it.

But if SSS does not accept Moola Avidyaa like Vivarana Acharyas he must
agree Avidyaa is for Jeeva. Because he is saying Avidyaa is subjective. It
belongs to a Subject a Person. This means Jeeva.

-Venkatesh