[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Mar 28 03:00:02 CDT 2014

praNAms Sri Sadananda prabhuji
Hare Krishna

With due respects, I still feel one has to be careful in interpreting the
pourusheya slokas if it appears to contradict the statements of srithi.
jnaamadyasya yathaH defining Brahman (Iswara) using the taTastha lakshna
cannot not be applied to local tiny BMI identified jiiva where the BMI is
part of that creation.

>  Yes, that is the reason why Lord in geeta differentiate himself from
arjuna and says he knows & controls mAya hence he know all previous
janma-s of his & arjuna as well, etc. whereas arjuna cannot know that
since he is endowed with dharmAdharma avidyA being a tiny jeeva.  geeta
13th chapter saMbandha bhAshya talks about triguNAtmika prakruti etc.
which is brahmAdheena / brahmAnanya.

If you say Jiiva in reality is nothing but Brahman, then we are talking
about from the point of jnaani. If jiiva thinks that is the local tiny BMI
which is essentially jiiva-hood, he cannot be the creation of the cosmos.

>  Yes, this is what shruti / shankara clearly says and Ishwara is
'adhikam' / superior to shAreeri (jeeva) when it comes to creation and
creation can be possible only from sarvajna and sarvashakta Ishwara, it
cannot possible to even imagine by the conditioned jeeva.

The tiny subject in the dream cannot create the tiger and the run away
from it.

>  And in srushti prakriya, shankara in sUtra bhAshya, classifies the
srushti of svapna from jeeva  from the srushti of Ishwara like Akaasha,
giri, samudra etc. and clarifies in svapna srushti there is not even an
iota of paramArtha in svapna srushti when compared to Ishwara srushti what
we see in jaagrat avastha.

He only creates more confusion on top of Iswara creation which we call it
as jiiva srushti.

>  you are right and this is what we have been saying in all these mails
with shankara / shruti / smruti quotes...but unfortunately alongwith me
you too seems to be studying vedAnta in an untraditional way hence we do
not have exposure to the teachings that is restricted to ONLY some
traditionalists :-))

Hari Hari Hari bol!!!
bhaskar