[Advaita-l] Rudra Prashna question - Adi Sankara Pooja

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue May 6 23:36:50 CDT 2014

Namaste

I am giving the brief points for Adi Sankara Pooja. Like in Deva Pooja we
have to do preliminaries and Avaahana and offer Dhyana, Aavaahana, Asana,
Paadya, Arghya and Achamaneeya Upachaaras. Then we offer Pachamruta Snaana
with Suddhodaka Snaana with Sadyo Jaataadi Mantras. Then we have to do
Rudra Abhisheka with Namaka and Chamaka, Purusha Sukta and others if time
permits.

Then we offer Vastra, Gandha,Vibhooti or Bhasma, Rudraaksha, Bilva Patra,
Other Patra Pooja, Pushpa Pooja. Then do Ashtottara Naama Pooja with
flowers or Bilva Patra if possible. Then do Dhoopa, Deepa and Naivedya.
Then offer Coconut - Nari Kela also. You can say any Stotras if time
permits. Then do Mangala Neeraajana Aarati, Pradakshina Namaskaara, and do
Mantra Pushpa. Do a small Praarhana for Adi Sankara. Rest is like Deva
Pooja.

Learned and practicing members can point out gaps and mistakes if any.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:36 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l <
>
>> >Tryamabakam Mantra is not at all part of Namaka but I think it was added
>> later.
>>
>> That is quite besides the point, when talking about the basic rule that
>> one should not expect every sentence in the veda to conform exactly to the
>> rules of classical Samskrta grammar.
>>
>> The namaka portion ends with the words ... taM vo jambhe dadhAmi.
>

> The srIrudrabhAShyam by srImadabhinavashankarAchArya printed by Vani Vilas
> press, Srirangam, in 1962 ends with the above portion.  Beyond that is
> given without the commentary.
>
> subrahmanian.v
>

>> Everything that is typically chanted after this and before the camaka
>> consists of selections from Rg and yajur vedas.
>>
>> Vidyasankar

>> For assistance, contact:
>> listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

-Venkatesh