[Advaita-l] advaitasiddhi discussion: प्रत्यक्षस्य उपजीव्यत्वेन प्राबल्यविचारः

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 23:40:15 CST 2014

Shree Anand - PraNAms

I concur with Shree Chandramouliji. Here we are not talking about the literary subtleties but logical analysis since the whole Adviata Siddhi is response to the NyaayamRitam and both are based on navya nyaaya principles. One can provide the sanskrit words and provide the closest translation to make the logical arguments understandable.

Recently I was looking for word by word meaning in English for Adyasa bhaashya. At last Shree Subhanuji said he will take up the task and he  seems to have completed and as I understand he is also providing more elaborate analysis of the adhyaasa bhaashya in a book form.

Shreeman S.M.S. Chari has translated the shataduushanii of Vedanta desika into English in the text form - Advaita and VishishTaadvaita (the number of objections are not really 100 but around 60-70 or so). Chari maama (he is no more now) said once that no one has responded to the objections. The recent response by Shree Anantakrishna Sastriji apparently does not address item by item but only restates the Advaita doctrine as per Chaarimaama.

While the language aspect is one thing but the concepts should be understood clearly. We do use the words maaya, dharma etc without much translation since there are really no equivalent words in English.

Just my 2c.

Hari Om!
Sadananda