[Advaita-l] Mundakopanishat article series - Part 11

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:31:40 CST 2014

Namaste Subrahmanian Ji

Nice sharing. In your article, it is mentioned that :

those actions the Jñānī, the realized person, would perform subsequent to
his realization, till the fall of the body, will also not bear fruit.  The
reason for this is that those actions will be performed without the ‘I am
the doer’ notion as the ignorance that creates such a notion is no more for
him.  Hence, these, known as āgāmi karma, cannot bear fruit giving him
further births.  Birth is caused only by actions which have ignorance as
their basis.

So, such actions dont fall under the ambit of karma ( as karma always bear
fruit),  it is seen as akarma

While, such a one undertakes loka seva / lokasaṃgrah activities, can we say
that it will not result in further births, but generates punya phalam ?

Thanks

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <