[Advaita-l] Multiple coloured mandala-s in vedic karma-s

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Nov 20 02:33:24 CST 2014

PraNAms
Hare Krishna
Sorry it is not related to advaita vedAnta but related to vedic karma kAnda.
 mandala pooja and mandala aaradhanam ( like durga mandala, sudarshana mandala, navagraha, vAstu, sarvatObhadra, lingatObhadra etc.) with multiple colours have become part and parcel of vaidika karma-s nowadays.  Do these mandala-s have any reference in vedic karma kAnda (shrouta or guhya sUtra-s)?? If yes, is there any specified measurement for various mandala-s??  pls. clarify.  It has become a big craze/fashion in vedic karma-s nowadays and mandala-s as big as 1200 Sq.Ft. size can be seen in some vedic karma-s.  Recently I had been to some place for ashlesha bali and sarpa saMskAra there I have seen a big sarpa mandala with all types of  coloured rangOli and a big sarpa with long tail and wide hood made up of clay  and for the eyes red cherry has been used and for the  out stretched twin tongues some black thread like thing used to make it look grand.  It can also be seen picture of durga mAta (chandi hOma), hanuman (for pavamAna hOma) big linga for rudra hOma..Do these practices have the sanction of our vedic karma kAnda??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar