[Advaita-l] Vedasabha in NJ - ARSHA ViGNANA PARISHATH - 5 Oct, Sun

Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Thu Oct 2 16:58:03 CDT 2014

> Namaste
>
> Very Happy to learn about this event and there are Chatur Vedis in USA.
> Atharvana Veda Pandits are rare even in India. How many could be there in
> USA?

I have seen a couple of relatively young purohitas who have atharvaNa vedAdhyayana
to their credit, participating in various events at the Saradamba temple in Stroudsburg.
However, they are not based there on a permanent basis.

I'm not sure if they are primarily representative of atharvaNa veda in the same sense by
which others are of Rgveda or yajurveda. It seems more likely that their adhyayana of
atharvaNa veda has come after a primary grounding in Rgveda. I will enquire when I get
a chance.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar