[Advaita-l] Rudram Chanting in White House

Sunil Bhattacharjya via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Mon Oct 13 22:07:32 CDT 2014

Namaste,

In the Uttarakanda of Ramayana we find a verse, which shows that in the Dwapara yuga a Shudra iwas not permitted to perform certain acts (hinting at Vedic rituals / recitals) and that means this is permitted in the Kali yuga. For the Vedic rituals, one has to follow  the Veda-achara definitely but the Lokaachara may differ from place tp place. We have to determine which are the Lokaacharas and which are the Vedaacharas.

Regards,
Sunil KB