[Advaita-l] A query by SrI Dr Yadu ji

Dr. Yadu Moharir via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Wed Oct 15 09:45:05 CDT 2014

Namaste Animetesh,

Thanks for your comment.
My question was not what attracted you to the specific suukta but you you could elaborate and/or comment on the "Significance" (viniyoga associated with this composition).

saunka syas in bRihaddevataa -
aviditvaa R^iShiM chha.ndo devataaM yogameva ca |
yo.adhyaapayejjapedvapi paapiyaajjaayate tusaH ||

yena yenaarthaMmR^iShiNaa yadarthaM devataaH stutaaH ||
sa sa kaamaH samR^iddhishca teShaaM teShaaM tathaa tathaa || R^igvidhaana 1\.11||

Meaning - If one practices ##mantra japa## with the same original intended desire with which sage had praised the specific ##devataa## then he succeeds with the expected outcome.##

Just something reflect upon

Rgds
Dr Yadu