[Advaita-l] : New experiment to test the nature of universe - The Hindu

kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue Sep 2 08:58:11 CDT 2014

PraNAms to all

In the referenced article that Subbuji provided the link, they talk about quantum uncertainty. Here are my comments when I was reading the article.

Quantum uncertainty that Heisenberg proposed involve simultaneous accurate determination of two dependable entities, such as momentum and special coordinates. The uncertainty does not apply to measurement of a single entity, momentum or special coordinates.  This particular article refers to quantum uncertainty of time and space, considering them as interdependent, and the uncertainty can arise at quantum level if one tries to measure them simultaneously and accurately. The measurement of each separately should not be a problem as per the original Heisenberg theory. This is quantum uncertainty.
In advaita Vedanta we also talk about uncertainty as inexpressibility or anirvacaniiyam
Vedanta talks about much higher order of uncertainty than what quantum uncertainty provides.  This in fact was illustrated in the Schrodinger’s cat problem. The essence of that problem is conscious entity is required to make probabilistic to deterministic system.  If someone asks – Is there a chair in that room? . The answer is it maybe there or may not be there – or the probability that it is there is only 50%.  The uncertainty remains until I confirm it one way or the other. This is true for any object in the universe including quantum theory, and even Heisenberg himself, whether he was there or not. From my reference, all come under objectifiable entities.  The probability shifts to determinism only when, I, the conscious entity confirm using appropriate pramANa.

Question – how about other people confirming this?

Ans- from their individual references, the system has become deterministic for each individual. However from my reference, even other people existence itself is also probabilistic until I confirm their existence by pramana and further learn through their shabda pramaana what they confirmed.

Because of this reason only when I go to deep sleep state, I can dismiss the whole world of objects since the mind that cognizes is folded. The 2-D and 3-D projections that the articles talks about may be of interest by itself but from the point of the truth which is beyond any –D-, since all dimensions are objectifiable entities.  I am being infinite is beyond any dimension and only for communication we call it as beyond space-time dimensions while in fact it is all inclusive yet beyond any inclusions.  Objective sciences can only deal with objectifiable entities using objective tool that includes quantum theories. They cannot address the uncertainty discussed in Vedanta without consideration of consciousness which cannot be objectified and therefore objectifiable tools are not inadequate.  Hence Shankara’s statement – anena vedyam tat shasastram, iti Vedanta DiDimaH – that by which these (brahma satyam, jagan mithyaa, jiiva brahma eva na aparH)
 can be known is the real science – declares Vedanta.

Just for the record, the space is recognized as observation (by a conscious entity implied) of two simultaneous points,. Hence in the cognition of NOW, space can be inferred from stereographic observation of two points since we have two eyes that are separated by 7degs to record such a projection.

On the other hand, time involves two sequential events (observations by a conscious entity) – The sequence being NOW (through pramaana) and THEN (from memory) and the gap providing the time. Since every objectifiable entity becomes deterministic only with the involvement of conscious entity, both space and time become valid only with consciousness present while consciousness itself is independent of either space or time since they are associated with cognitions. Consciousness comes as cognizing entity not cognizable entity hence beyond space and time and also beyond any instruments or measurements limited by space and time.

Hari Om!
Sadananda
Shree Subbuji provided this link:
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/new-experiment-to-test-the-nature-of-universe/article6365974.ece#.VAKpz9eD3To.gmail
“We want to find out whether space—time is a quantum system just like matter is,” said Craig Hogan, director at the US Department of Energy’s Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab)’s Center for Particle Astrophysics and the developer of the holographic noise theory.
“If we see something, it will completely change ideas about space we’ve used for thousands of years,” said Hogan.
Quantum theory suggests that it is impossible to know both the exact location and the exact speed of subatomic particles.
If space comes in 2-D bits with limited information about the precise location of objects, then space itself would fall under the same theory of uncertainty.