[Advaita-l] Teachings on the Vijaya Yatra - On the Philosophy of Advaita

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sun Sep 7 07:17:37 CDT 2014

Namaste
On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM, H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> Sri Jayanarayanan wrote
>
> << The Jagadguru
> explained that we accept the Vyaavahaarika Satyam (empirical reality) of
> everything – of you, of the Vedas,
> of the Karmas enjoined therein and so on. We only state that the
> Paaramaarthika Satyam (Supreme Absolute Reality)
> is only one.>> .
>
> I thought many of the posts in the Forum do not appear to take this into
> account. I am not sure if other members agree with this impression.

Everybody by birth will accept Dvaita. Animals also are accepting Dvaita
only because Dvaita is directly seen and experienced with Jnaana Indriyas.
They will pursue Indriya Sukha like eating food, mating and sleeping. We do
not require HH Sringeri Swamiji or some other Swamiji to tell us to accept
Dvaita. It is directly experienced. But is this Dvaita true for ever?
Animals cannot think like this. They will accept Dvaita is true. But Man
has to be more intelligent. He must depend on Vedas to also get
information. The Vedas are telling the World is Maayaa only.

If you keep on stressing Dvaita is there Dvaita is there where will be
further uplifting thoughts? You will be stuck in Dvaita. We must focus on
the World like a Bubble reality. A Bubble in the water is there now but
next moment it may not be there. I am writing this message. Next minute I
may be gone. Who knows?

> [...]
> > Jnana. As a result of the attainment,
> > the Bhashyakara (Sri Adi Shankaracharya) too has said Karmas are burnt up
> > – प्राक्कर्मप्रविलाप्यतां चितिबलान्नाप्युत्तरैः श्लिष्यताम्
> >
> > Bhagavan Veda Vyasa too has stated in His Brahma Sutras – तदधिगम
> > उत्तरपूर्वाघयोरश्लेषविनाशौ तद्व्यपदेशात् – that on attainment of Jnana,
> > all Karmas are burnt up.
> >
> > The Lord too has said in the Bhagavad Gita –
> >  यथैधांसि समिद्धोऽग्निर्भस्मसात्कुरुतेऽर्जुन ।
> >  ज्ञानाग्निः सर्वकर्माणि भस्मसात्कुरुते तथा ॥
> > As the blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire
> of
> > knowledge burn to ashes
> > (all reactions to) Karmas.
> >

> > Thus the Vedas, the Brahma Sutras and the Gita make it clear that Jnana
> > alone burns Karma and results in
> > liberation.
> >
> > The Jagadguru also pointed out many attend lectures on Vedanta but do so
> > only for leisure and not with the
> > desire for Jnana. One must perform Nishkama Karma (actions without desire
> > for results) if one has to get
> > intense “विविदिषा” (desire to know the Truth). Thus Sri Adi
> Shankaracharya
> > has explained that Upasana and
> > Karma have an important role to play in the system of Advaita Siddhanta.
> > Hence must always have reverence
> > and devotion towards Sri Adi Shankaracharya.
> >

> > The Jagadguru stated that such is the sophistication of the Advaita
> > philosophy propounded by
> > Sri Adi Shankaracharya, that even though many objections were raised
> > against it (in the later centuries),
> > personages such as Sri Madhusoodana Saraswati and Sri Brahmananda
> > Saraswati uprooted all such objections
> > by their works –
> >  मधुसूदनसन्मौनीब्रह्मानन्दगुरू भजे ।
> >  अद्वैतराजमार्गोऽयं याभ्यां निष्कण्टकीकृतः ॥
> >  Salutations to Sri Madhusoodana Saraswati and Sri Brahmananda Saraswati
> > who made the regal path of Advaita
> >  thorn-free.
> >

> > The Jagadguru ended His Anugraha Bhashanam expressing joy over the work
> > being carried out by Swami Omkarananda
> > in the propagation of the tenets of the Advaita Siddhanta. Swami
> > Omkarananda then received the special
> > blessings of the Jagadguru. The Jagadguru later performed the Sharada
> > Chandramoulishwara Puja in the Ashram
> > premises.
> >

> > At 6:30 AM on 1st June, the Jagadguru performed Puja to Sri Prajna
> > Dakshinamurti. At 10 AM, the Jagadguru
> > visited the now huge Vata Vriksha that He had planted 17 years ago. After
> > a small Puja was offered at the spot,
> > the Jagadguru laid the foundation stone for the building, Sri Bharati
> > Tirtha Vidyarthi VilasaH and visited
> > Sri Rajagopala Mandiram, the Goshala of the Ashram. The Jagadguru then
> > returned to the Prajna Dakshinamurti
> > temple, gave Darshan to the devotees and blessed the members who had
> > undergone a course on Bhagavad Gita.
> > Devotees performed Bhiksha Vandanam and Pada Puja to the Jagadguru and

-Venkatesh