[Advaita-l] Madhvas custom of Sraddha is not correct

Ajit Krishnan via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue Sep 16 13:46:37 CDT 2014

namaste,

Advaitins really aren't in a position to criticize these kinds of minor
things. In homas, we see advaitins invoke brahma in darbha as a matter of
course. Often, the purohita recites both portions of the punyahavachana.
The nandi shraddha, which involves a homa and several brahmanas is hardly
being done that way.

The bigger problem is that few people make an attempt to understand the
significance behind what they are doing. Even fewer people do it with
bhakti and shraddha. And this problem spans all divisions.

sasneham,

    ajit

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <