[Advaita-l] How to sustain Sanathana Dharma at Rural India.

Sujal Upadhyay via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sat Sep 20 04:40:10 CDT 2014

Namaste,

It all begins with tiny tots - Nursery, kgs students. Teach them our
shastras like stories from puranas, give them explanation that they can
digest. Teach them message of Gita. But first we should educate ourselves
:) Then someone can take a lead and start taking tutions.

For elders who are students give them rational explanation and menaing
behind certain protocols and our culture like why we do namaste, why ladies
cover their head, how to pray and does prayer mean merely riciting sloka-s,
etc. Hindu Janagagruti and forum for hindu awakening is doing good work
trying to give scientific explanation. Search on net for similar websites.
Yogic explanation is very helpful. How can one attain peace of mind by
controlling our passions and desires and their benefits. Benefits of
chanitng God's name, etc and other day-2-day issues like meaning of
navaratri and holi and what we should do for inner purification as per
shastras, quoting them (if possible) and giving references from shastras
for our rituals (wherever possible, as customs are handed orally).

Please read 'Hindu Dharma' by Kanchi Paramacharya

http://www.kamakoti.org/newlayout/template/hindudharma.html

One chapter is missing, which is an important one. It is found here:

http://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in/2013/10/missing-chapter-in-online-version-of.html

This book will give much clarity and lots of ready material to teach. The
language is very simple. I hope this helps.

Hari OM

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Kishoore via Advaita-l <