[Advaita-l] What is the Significance of Tri Shakti (Sri Mahakali, Sri Mahalakshmi and Sri Mahasaraswati).

Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue Sep 30 17:54:16 CDT 2014

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Kishoore via Advaita-l wrote:

> What is the significance of Tri Shakti (Sri Mahakali,Sri Mahalakshmi and
> Sri Mahasaraswati).

After the recitation of Durga Saptashati or Chandi Patha in some
shakta sampradayas especially those that go back to the great upasaka Shri
Bhaskara Raya, there is recitation of three texts known as rahasya trayi.
Some time back I posted them with my own translation and commentary.

Pradhanika rahasya
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-September/022572.html

Vaikrtika rahasya
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-September/022595.html

Murti rahasya
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-September/022600.html

Together they explain how the one supreme Bhagavati produced the
trimurti and their shaktis who went on to produce the material creation.