[Advaita-l] PrasAda

Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue Sep 30 18:49:09 CDT 2014

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Sujal Upadhyay wrote:

> Can grace it be krupA (kripA)? Spokensanskrit.de has this meaning.

Needless to say I am not an expert on Christian theology but my
understanding is grace is freely given by God or is the very attribute of
God while mercy (which is usually how I've seen kripa translated) is
something that has to be earned.  And I think its true that we think of
kripa as something that is won by punya and lost by paapa so it is not
quite the same as grace.