[Advaita-l] Dvaita Vaada - Vadiraja Teertha's Nyayaratnavali Slokas 55 - 66 Soham Vs Dasoham

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:55:15 CDT 2015

That Sri Vādirāja Tirtha  brought in the example of Paundraka Vāsudeva
itself shows how ignorant he was about Advaita.  No advaitin would dress up
like any god and claim to be that god and attempt to make people believe
so.  In fact many advaita jnanins were sannyasins who donned the kāṣāya and
led a mendicant's life.  Sri Vādirāja did not know what it means in Advaita
to realize 'I am Brahman'.  That he sought to compare the saguna deity with
form and attributes itself shows his poor understanding.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <