[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** advaita siddhi

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 12:19:54 CDT 2015

Neither of these two books is a complete translation of the advaitasiddhi.
The first work referred to by Shri Chandramouliji is a brief summary of
advaitasiddhi. The second book quoted by Shri Venkatraghavanji is a more
detailed summary, but not a complete translation. Several subtle and/or
crucial points might be missing here. There is no substitute,
unfortunately, for reading and appreciating the original or at least an
attempt to do so. However, I do agree that summaries could serve the
purpose of motivating one to delve deeper into the text.

A lesser known work in Sanskrit is the Balabodhini vyAkhyA by Yogendranath
Bagchi. But even this work stops somewhere in the first pariccheda. I had
seen this book, actually a 2 volume set, a long time ago in the New York
city public library (of all places!), so my memory is a bit vague on this.

Anand