[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** RE: Re: Weather Vedas are considered as false in ultimate reality?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 05:31:23 CDT 2015

On Wed, 8/5/15, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 If deep sleep is moksha,every day night I go to
 deep sleep..that means I will go to moksha every night...

PraNAms

In the matra 7 of Mandukya, the deep sleep state is negated as not real - na prajnaana ghanam. The experience of non-duality is there in deep sleep state as absence of subject-object duality -akhandaakara avidyaa vRitti as Vidhyaranya explains in Pancadasi - 11th chapter.

In Bri. Up - 4th chapter, deep sleep state is described as an analogy of the non-duality. However since there is no knowledge that can arise in that state, the ajnaani remains as ajnaani. What is required is knowledge as mantra 7 of Mandukya ends with the requirement that one has to enquire- ... sa vijneyaH.

Hari Om!
Sadananda