[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: pariNAma and vivarta

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 02:16:37 CDT 2015

The verse quoted by me earlier from Parimala is by Sri Appayya Dikshita who
belonged to the 16 th century. Sri Br. Pranipata Chaitanya quoted following
verse

<< satattvato.anyathAprathA vikAra ityudAhRRitaH .
atattvato.anyathAprathA vivarta ityudAhRRitaH .. >> .

I presume it is from Vedanta Sara of Sri Sadananda Yogi ( In the version I
have the last word in both the lines reads इत्युदीरितः ) who lived during
15 th century . Thus it is earlier to the one I quoted . Even in Vedanta
Sara , this verse is mentioned as a quote from some even earlier source .
The verse is preceded by the word तदुक्तम् . Swami Harshananda , in the
footnotes to his translation of Vedanta Sara , states that it is not known
from which source this verse is taken . Just for information.

Regards

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Br. Pranipata Chaitanya via Advaita-l <