[Advaita-l] Fw: Theory of Language: Mimamsa, Advaita and Vyakarana - 2 of 3

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 07:50:50 CST 2015

Praveen ji, Namaste.
Thank you for your kind words.
I am sorry to have used too many sub-clauses in my post. Most of the matter within brackets could have been presented better as footnotes. The intended meaning of the sentence is hopefully clearer once much of the material in brackets is removed:
Ifdadhi and dadhy are different Śabdas, then the sūtra of Pāṇini (iko yaNaci) which ordains this mustbe wrong.
This is a pUrvapaksha, i.e. the objection of the opponent of Mimamsa, who is answered by the Mimamsaka. The answer is implicit in SAbarabhAshya, as you noted, and made explicit by KumArila.
RegardsN. Siva Senani