[Advaita-l] What is the Advaiti response?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:03:18 CST 2015

Namaste
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Namaste,
>
> The words of parama pujya shri.chandrasekhara bharati mahaswamigal:
>
> //////
>
> The advaita doctrine is enunciated from a plane which ordinary people
> cannot aspire to for many more births to come.  They have absolutely no
> right to approach it, much less to sit in judgement over it. As at present
> situated, most of us are far, far below hat stage.  Frankly speaking, it
> may take innumerable births for some of us to attain even the stage of the
> chArvAka, who thinks that the soul is no other than our physical body
> itself.
>
> If we are not equal to even Charvakas what is the use of Advaita
discussions here in this forum? Are you saying we should stop all Advaita
discussions and go home and follow the Charvaka 'Runam Krutva Ghrutam
Pibet'. At least we can enjoy life. Life is short. Enjoy to maximum extent.

But if we can have Advaita discussions we can see how others are expressing
doubts and how Advaitis can answer it.

////

> ///
>
> The tendency to neglect the wholesome doctrine that vedanta study is
> intended only for a competent is responsible for the confused thinking of
> modern days.  Everybody thinks himself competent and entitled to study the
> advaita and even to sit in judgement over it. This attitude must go and
> must be replaced by earnest endeavour first to secure the necessary
> competence.
>
> ///
>
> regs,
> sriram