[Advaita-l] THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS TO DVAITA PHILOSOPHY OF MADHVACHARYA..

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 09:41:08 CST 2015

Namaste

In personal life also Madhvacharya did not show correct behaviour. He was a
Sanyasi just like Adi Sankara. But he had a HUGE appetite. For a Sanyasi
the control of appetite is very important. He must not eat more than he can
hold with two hands in every meal.

The sad story is Madhvas are very much enjoying the story of Madhva eating
4000 bananas and drinking 30 pots of milk in Goa. They may say he was
Hanuman and Bheema with huge appetite. But if he is a Sanyasi he must
follow Sanyasi Dharma only. He cannot say I am Bheema and I can eat as much
as I want. It is wrong. Will he say I am Bheema and get married  and have
children also ????

4000 Banana eating and 30 pots of Milk drinking story below -

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=fVFC2Nx-LP8C&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=Madhva+milk+and+bananas&source=bl&ots=lRJ3lrH3Ql&sig=ywTsidtah7sXr9l2Vsu9EVQpy8Y&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XiPaVLasAoW5mAXd_4DQCQ&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Madhva%20milk%20and%20bananas&f=false

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Srivathsa Rao via Advaita-l <

-Venkatesh