[Advaita-l] Bhagavad Gia study circle in Bangalore South

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:29:16 CST 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <

> On Thu, 1 Jan 2015, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l wrote:
>
>  I have referred you to my friend who is conducting a Gita study circle at
>> Jayanagar, Bangalore.
>>

> Do you have any recommendations for our new member Aravind Sharma who is
> looking to learn shastras in Bangalore?
>
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2014, ABRD via Advaita-l wrote:
>
>  I am Aravind Sharma from Bangalore, I am eager to learn Advaita & Tarka
>> shastras. I have learnt that knowledge of Basics of Sanskrit Literature,
>> Grammar & Logic is a must for that.
>>
>> Does anyone know any good teachers for the above mentioned basics, in
>> Bangalore?

I am thinking of various options for Sri Sharma:

   1. He can enroll at the Govt. Sanskrit College, Chamarajpet, Bangalore
   where the above disciplines are taught.  The medium of instruction will be
   most likely Kannada, of course, with the original works in Sanskrit as the
   basis.
   2. He can approach the Purna Prajna Vidya pīṭha (A Madhva institution)
   where Tarka is taught at various levels.  He can obtain permission from
   them to attend these classes.
   3. For Advaita, in case he chooses to attend classes in the weekends, I
   am conducting some texts (Adhyasa Bhashya on Saturdays and Panchadashi on
   Sundays) at my residence.  To cater to my attendees I am doing it in
   Kannada medium and if Sri Sharma wants an English exposition I can help him
   during weekends.
   4. He can also approach the particular scholars teaching Tarka at the
   above mentioned institutions and see if they can teach him privately.
   5. There is the Veda Vijnan Gurukulam, Chennenahalli, Bangalore, where
   too the disciplines of Tarka and Advaita Vedanta can be studied.
   http://www.vvgurukulam.org/contact.php?lang=en  There are some very good
   scholars there.

regards