[Advaita-l] akhanDaakara-vRtti‏

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:47:54 CDT 2015

Sri Bhaskar ji
NamaskArs.
I think it is simpler for me to answer your basic question, because
hopefully with that you can extrapolate answers to the rest.

how this nirvikAraKa (akhandAkAra vrutti)  jnAna would help us to erase our
ajnAna about that absolutely unknown thing (brahman).  Or otherwise, if
this akhandAkAra vrutti (nishprakAraka jnAna) is kevala brahma jnAna
(knowledge of brahman) which is in turn nirvikAra, nirvishesha then what is
the problem in calling it as absolute brahma jnAna?

Mahavakya janya jnAnam is akhandAkAra vritti. If it is acceptable that
mahAvAkya janya jnAnam is liberating, that should answer the first part of
the question.

mahAvAkya janya jnAnam is the virodhi of avidyA and its effects - AvaraNa
(asatvapAdika and abhAnapAdika - brahman does't exist, cannot be
experienced) and bhrAnti / shOka (delusions such as I am a being that has
birth, death, etc or there is a world which is real). By the rise of that
jnAnam, avidyA and its effects (bhrAnti, AvaraNam) are destroyed.

I don't understand the meaning of the second part of your question I'm
afraid - what do you mean by the words "absolute brahma jnAna" and "kevala
brahma jnAna"?  If you could please rephrase so that I understand the exact
nature of the question, perhaps I can attempt an answer.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan