[Advaita-l] Attributes and upadhis

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 07:49:19 CDT 2015

Keshava Prasad - PraNams.

If I understand correctly akhaarthataa or akhandaartatva - in the in context of soyam devadatta involves samanaadhikaraNa - where in the present case it is badhaayam samaanadhikaraNa, where one unitary meaning for Devadatta is arrived after dropping contradictory qualifications while retaining the common ones.

Akhandaakaara vRititi involves from your description the oneness that pervades the jiiva brahman ikyam vRitti jnaanam as Swami Paramarthanandaji explained. Originally I thought it signifies the result while Swamiji clarified the jnaana vRitti prakriaya itself.

I am just stating the words the way I understand.

Hari Om!
Sadananda