[Advaita-l] Attributes and upadhis

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 01:37:49 CDT 2015

Dear Sri Anand Ji,

 You said << akhaNDarthatva belongs to not just Vedic sentences and words,
but also
laukika sentences and words. Please see the advaita siddhi summary that I
referred to a few days ago. The vRtti knowledge that results from such
sentences and words is akhaNDAkAra vRtti. >> .

 I am curious to know if Advaita Sidhi specifically mentions that the
Vritti knowledge resulting from such sentences and words is “ akhandakara
vritti “ or is it your conclusion. Just for my information.

 You also mentioned <<  So I don't see why laukika
sentences and words should be denied this capability of generating it.  >>
.

 I have given the reason. The knowledge resulting from such sentences and
words in laukika context do not have the capability of generating knowledge
without parts ( a-khanda ) because they depend upon Chidabhasa for
generating knowledge and that cannot be without parts.

 Pranams and Regards

 Chandramouli

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <