[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** RE: avidyA and adhisthAnA

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jul 27 23:47:54 CDT 2015

To me (1) and (2) appear contradictory.
(1) says first remove avidyA  then realization happens automatically.
(2) says first realize Brahman then only avidyA can be destroyed.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

It is not contradictory, it is saying the same tattva differently.  In Kannada there is a saying "aLiya alla magaLa ganda' (he is not son-in-law, he is my daughter's husband).  Effacement of avidyA without any trace is called mukti.  That mukti is the result of complete eradication of avidyA.  No contradiction here in my opinion.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar