[Advaita-l] Difficulty with Akhandakara Vrtti

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Thu Jun 18 02:41:22 CDT 2015

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*www.lalitaalaalitah.com

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Ravi Kiran via Advaita-l <

> Pranams
>
> Thanks for the detailed response from *श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*
>
> Just sharing my understanding from this thread:
>
> 1. akhaNDAkAravRttiH results in brahmavidyA or
> jivAtma paramAtma ekatva jnAna (knowledge of the mahAvAkya)

​No. because, akhaNDAkArvRttiH is brahmavidyA.​

​It's cause is mahAvvAkya, is correct.

I don't know what do you mean by 'knowledge of mahAvAkya'. It should be
'knowledge of mahAvAkyArtha'.

2. As per the below defintion of charama jnAna, other vRttis based on
> prArabdha
> ( though it is seen as bAdhita vRtti or sublation, in light of the charama
> vRtti )
> doesn't arise. There is just the unbroken homogeneous eka charama vRtti

​No. I didn't say or imply that.
As vRtti, even charama-vRtti, is dRshya; so I meant cessation of this vRtti
forever too​

​by saying that no dRshya stays.
​

> So, one would understand it as synonym to jnAna samAdhi, having no
> knowledge or awareness of the nAma rUpa prapaNcha.

​No. You can't compare it to samAdhi, because samAdhi​

​is a mental modification of the form of cessation of all other mental
modifications​ and it doesn't affect prapa~ncha. While, the charama-vRtti
destroys every dRshya by destroying avidyA.

I fear that you are superimposing your present understanding on what I
presented. You need to be more open/vacant to understand new things, should
be remembered.