[Advaita-l] Difficulty with Akhandakara Vrtti

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:10:19 CDT 2015

Namaste Sri Chandramouli

Many thanks to all for the explanations. Now I am a bit confused but I
will write how I have understood this. Kindly correct me if there are
mistakes.

We can continue from the last topic on Vrttis. If I have to see a Pot
the Pot Vrtti will destroy the Tulavidya covering the Pot. Then I see
the Pot. But the Pot Vrtti will not destroy the Mulavidya. Therefore
the Pot and other Adhyaasa superimposed on Brahman will continue. But
there is a special Akhandakara Vrtti. It will destroy Mulavidya
itself. Then I realize Brahman Itself because there is no Mulavidya to
cover It.

Is the above explanation correct? I am a bit confused because Sri
Lalitalalita Yativarya said the knowledge of Brahman in Jeevanmukta is
not the charama knowledge. Then it means he does not have Akhandakara
Vrtti? How can he say his Ignorance is destroyed? If some person has
Akhandakara Vrtti he will immediately die and get Videha Mukti?

-Venkatesh