[Advaita-l] Difficulty with Akhandakara Vrtti

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 22:45:45 CDT 2015

Namaste

> Add to it that, although brahman is not fala-vyApya, it is accepted as
> vRtti-vyApya, and hence it's knowledge causes similar expression as 'I know
> brahman'. If it doesn't then you are accepting that GYAnI doesn't know that
> he knows brahman.
> The expression that brahman can't be said to be known, just means that
> brahman can't be said to be illumined by others.
>
> So, there is no difference.
>
> All vRttti-GYAna-s are sakhaNDa in the sense you and others are talking.
> And, the brahman, which is pure knowledge/consciousness, although akhaNDa
> is not aGYAna-virodhI. So, you can't say that ghaTa-GYAna is vRtti-rUpa and
> hence skhaNDa, but brahmaGYAna is one with brahman and hence akhaNDa, too.

ghaTa is illumined by the chidabhAsa  to have ghaTa GYAna  ( ignorance of
the adhiSThAna Brahman where all such GYAna occurs is not removed - bhedam
( ajnAna of Brahma svarUpa) remains as ever before)

While, in case of brahmaGYAna, where it is direct illumination, such bhedam
is removed resulting in jivAtma paramAtma ekatva jnAna ...

Thanks